Saturday, March 13, 2004

My Grandma who is very much a Catholic saw The Passion of the Christ last night and she was very disappointed. I have not seen it yet but plan to. Her major complaint was that it was too much, that he would have been dead long before he did die. And that there was too much blood. Basically she thought it was unrealistic. I am unsure. I guess if you believe he was the "Son Of God" then he could live as long as he did to really save ourselves for our sins. I don't know it is all very confusing for me. I was surprised at my Grandmas reaction. I thought for sure she would appreciate the film. I can't wait to see it so I can let everyone know my opinion. Most of the people that I know that have seen the movie havent has such a strong reaction as my Grandma, and she is the one who I feel is the most religious of the group. Funny. I guess it could have something to do with her age. She will be 89 this June.

No comments: